Training Print Outs
What can I do to train by myself?
Summer Training Printouts: Workout # 1 three times per week | Workout # 2 two to three times per week | Pre-Season Club Workout
Recommended workout videos: Cathe Friedrich Fit TV morning workouts available for free or you can download them from her web site to play back on your electronic devices. Focus on her weight training intensity series, core fitness, boot camp and muscle endurance series.
If you live near the beach, we highly recommend getting as much beach experience as possible. Substitute 4 to 7 games of beach volleyball for the workouts above.
Here is an example of a coach's expectaions from players in regards to good sportsmanship: Good Sportsmanship
Empty tournament line-up sheet
Printable 4 Hour Beach Volleyball Practice (MS Word)
Printable 2 Hour Practices
The lines dividing each section of practice represent water breaks. Try to time your practice so that you're ready for the team portions (scrimmage/queen of the court...) at about 1 hour in. Save 5 to 10 minutes for the last part/conditioning. Please check the Drills Glossary for detailed descriptions.
Ages 9 to 14: Practice 1 | Practice 2 | Practice 3 | Practice 4 | Practice 5 | Practice 6
Description of a 6-2 and a 5-2 from coach, Thomas Puzio
Two players on the court (opposite each other in the rotation) set when they are in the back row. This means that at all times you have three eligible (front row) attackers in the front row (i.e. 6 attackers and 2 setters)
- Easier to learn
- Distributes the setting responsibility among two players instead of one
- Maintains three front row attackers at all times
- The best setter is setting only half the time
- Both setters may be a good passer but will only be eligible to pass when in the front row
Only one player on the court is designated the setter and sets every rotation. This means that you only have two eligible (front row) attackers when the setter is in the front row. (i.e. 5 attackers and 1 setter)
- The best setter on the team sets every ball
- More individual instruction time can be devoted to the one setter and the one setter will improve faster with the additional repetitions.
- Every set will be consistent because it is set by the same person
- In some cases, one setter may set with a different speed and height than another setter which can throw off the rhythm of the attackers
- When the setter is in the front row you only have two eligible (front row) attackers